On June 1st, 2016, Propcom Mai-karfi will hold a technical round table discussion with stakeholders on the theme of ‘Agricultural Inputs Markets in Nigeria’. This event will identify successful strategies and policies to inform the future growth of the sector, and will bring together key personnel from the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), chairmen of agriculture-related committees of the National Assembly, relevant non-governmental organisations such as the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) and International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), other government agencies like the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), private fertiliser companies, inputs distributors, and research institutes like the Institute for Agricultural Research (IAR).
This technical round table event will provide a platform for stakeholders in the public and private sectors to:
- Share experiences from their involvement in the agricultural inputs market;
- Learn market development processes in Nigeria and from other countries;
- Engage stakeholders to understand emerging policy directions which affect the agricultural inputs sector;
- Learn about existing business models in the agricultural inputs markets and reflect on their potential to impact the future of agricultural inputs supply in Nigeria;
- Suggest and explore possible policy directions for the future of the agricultural inputs market in Nigeria.
The result of these deliberations will be a report which identifies and highlights successful strategies and possible policy changes that can enable the agricultural inputs markets in Nigeria to grow and sustainably serve more people.